The Vietnamese Language Program at the Center of Vietnamese Studies and Vietnamese Language at Ton Duc Thang University offers three levels of language training in Vietnamese from elementary to advanced, and a course of independent study. All four language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) are important components of the course. Elementary and Intermediate Vietnamese courses focus on topics dealing with daily aspects of Vietnamese life. Advanced levels explore various issues in modern society through different types of reading texts.
1. Academic Vietnamese language - AVL
These courses are for students who are about to begin a university course or who want to apply to Ton Duc Thang University in the future.
2. Vietnamese Language for Adults - VLA
- This program is designed for anyone who wants to communicate in the Vietnamese language, from beginner to advanced.
- For effective learning, students are required to take a placement test (free).
- This program is split into 3 levels, with 4 courses at each level. Classes comprise from 5 to 10 students.
3. Vietnamese Language for Kids - VLK
This program is for foreign or overseas Vietnamese children who want to study Vietnamese as a second language, from beginning level up to advanced levels.
4. Exchange Culture Program - ECP.
In order to help students improve their Vietnamese language skills and understand more of Vietnam - the country, the people, and the culture - the Center of Vietnamese Studies and Vietnamese Language can organize “study tours” according to students’ requirements, including activities such as visiting scenic locations within Vietnam, heritage areas, craft villages, and home stays with local people.
As well as the programs above, the Center can design a Vietnamese curriculum, teaching Vietnamese culture for individuals or agencies, as required.
The Vietnamese Culture Program focuses on topics such as Vietnamese cuisine, regional culture, craft village culture, development history, etc.